Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a Blessed Life!


Our daughter is officially 4 days old (I had to check what day it was first) & I cannot believe how much life has changed (All those with kids are laughing right now). Let me see if I can put it all into words: My heart is so full & I don't know if I can get it all out.

I spent the last 9 months (longer actually) praying over this kid & its truly amazing to see how God has answered my prayers. Let me share with you some of my answered prayers.

Answer #1: I prayed for her.
February 1, 2008 I told Ryan he was going to be a Daddy!

Answer #2: I prayed that Ryan & I would move home & be able to raise Audrey around family & friends & that I would have my OB from Louisiana deliver her.
July 4, 2008 The Lord provided a job for Ryan that would pay him what we need to survive in New Orleans & we left PA home bound! There have been challenge & adjustments with being "homeless" & all & still needing to sell our house in PA (Please keep praying for that one) but no blessing is without trial, right Trish?!

Answer #3: I prayed to have a good pregnancy.
We definitely hurdled some challenges in the beginning but overall the whole pregnancy was healthy & all of the things that people warned me would be a "bother" during pregnancy never really "bothered" me. I heared about the morning sickness, the heat in the dead of August in Louisiana, the last month being so uncomfortable. Now I'm not saying that I did not experience any of this but what I'm saying is that I didn't feel like it was as bad as people kept saying (And I was 8 mos pregnant in August).

Answer #4: I prayed that the delivery would be smooth & easy & that I wouldn't struggle with post pardum. I prayed that God would give me disernment to see which of my feelings were based on truth & which were lies from Satan.
Ryan kept saying that labor would consist of 3 pushes & it kinda became a joke... "labor will be a walk in the park babe... 3 pushes" we would joke but I have no doubt in my mind that is EXACTLY what he prayed for because 3 pushes later... we had a beautiful baby girl. (Wish I would've included the contractions in my prayer, God does have a sense of humor but I guess that is what the epidural was good for:)
As far as post pardum, so far I have been able to stay level headed. I mean I do get tired & feel overwhelmed like all new moms but I have a great support system & wonderful husband who couldn't be more hands on with his daughter. (Please keep praying for this one because I'm still walking through it.)

Answer #5: I prayed Ryan & I would be good parents & that Audrey would bring us closer & not consume us so there was no time for us as a couple.
I know that we are learning new things everyday but I feel like we are a good team & I can recognize where he is stronger & where I need to heed his advice. We have seen eye to eye on most things & just really worked together on taking care of Audrey. Not to mention that being a Dad comes so natural to him & he has amazed me everyday at how sweet, knowledgeable & Godly he has been in caring for her. (which all mom's know makes you love him even more than you thought possible) I look at him & the person that he is (both Daddy & Man) & I cannot believe that God thought me special enough to deserve him. He is laid back & easy going, all he wants is for me to be happy, yet he is such a strong Godly man that will not be pushed & knows who he is & how he will live his life-no matter what other people do.

Answer #6: I prayed for her personality.
Now I know that she is only 4 days old & things will change DAILY but her disposition is already so happy, sweet & docile. Obviously this is a prayer that I will continue for her but now I see so much of Ryan in her personality & we all know how I feel about Ryan (see answer to prayer #5).
And I believe in the power of words so everyday Ryan & I speak to her about all the traits that we know she will have. I tell her that I know she will be kind, gentle, laid back, selfless yet know how to care for her self & be strong (her name means noble strenght), compassionate, Godly, wise & that she will do great things for God's kingdom. I tell her how lucky I am that God entrusted me with His child to see that she becomes all these things.

Answer #7: I prayed she would be a good sleeper.
Lets just say the kid spends more time looking at the back of her eyelids than anything else. We want her to have good sleep patterns because I feel like that is so important to being successful in life. She will sleep in her crib, in someones arms... pretty much anywhere. I have put her down wide awake, dead asleep, with music on, silent, with people talking around her & she has no problems sleeping. I know that this sleepy phase may eventually end but we are working on habits now that she will be able to keep her entire life. (none of the deVilleneuve's sleep well so we know how important this one is)

There are so many things that we pray for & are still a work in progress (Me most of all). There are things that I see God changing now & that I am still waiting for Him to show me but I just feel that with all the changes Ryan & I have been going through God has remained faithful. He always does, we just don't always see it & I just wanted to share how He is working in our lives.
PS We have taken over 100 pics in 4 days! I will post more soon!

2 comments:

Shireen said...

Wow. Sarah, I am so proud of you. God is most certainly glorified in your sharing of these prayer requests and answers. I am so encouraged, too, in my walk. Thank you. I pray that others will be encouraged, as well. Not to mention...eyes to be opened to the joyful life we have in Christ. I'm just so thankful for your and Ryan's walk with the Lord, and I have no doubt that Audrey is already experiencing Jesus through her mommy & daddy.
Please do share more pics!! :)
Oh, and 3 pushes!?!?! You and Jenn! Wow! Okay, I need to pray for that and minimal contractions! :) I look forward to keeping in touch through your wonderful blog, sweet friend.
Love you guys.

Us said...

Sarah & Ryan,
She is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her in person! She truly is a a gift from the Lord and I love seeing the joy the Lord has given you during this time! We love you and are praying for you! Jenn