Friday, October 24, 2008

Missing U


Missing all the cool stuff


Daddy's days away. I sit at work with a picture on my desk thinking about my two girls. Anyone who knows me can call me simple but my mind wanders all day. Here are a few of my thoughts written down. Let's not make fun and say I don't have many even though it may be true.

My wife, my first love, is the absolute greatest. Since having our first child, I have not skipped a beat socially. I play basketball and volleyball on different nights and I have been able to make appearances at both LSU and Saints games. I am truly blessed to have a supportive wife in all aspects of life (work and play). It doesn't hurt that she is smokin hot either. Have you seen her 17 days out from having a baby :) WOW

My new love, Audrey, is stinkin amazing. She has filled my life and brought me closer to my wife (which I did not think possible). She smiles in her sleep and sucks her thumb but nothing is better than holding that little girl and never wanting to let go. Never letting go is even harder when Nana, aka "the hawk" is buzzin around.

With that said I am hesitant to stay late at work or play with the boys. I miss both of them every minute. I guess it doesn't help with Sarah sending me pics and videos throughout the day (a good thing) via cell phone. What was life like before this great invention (side bar). I sit here thinking about what I am missing. I know there is a reason for work and that’s why I go but it is hard being away from two amazing and beautiful girls for more than 10 hours and not miss holding them and watching their bond (run on; I never claimed to like English in school).

I love you both with all of my heart and for that I leave you every morning with great anticipation of coming home.

This is Audrey's Missing Daddy Face!

3 comments:

Us said...

Ryan,
you are such an amazing dad (and husband!). We can't wait to meet your precious Audrey and see you guys with her. No words describe the love the Lord places in your heart for your baby (although you did good writing about it!-)We miss you guys lots and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! love,
Jenn & Ryan
ps. to answer your question, i changed my name twice when I was little...in 1st grade I wrote Samantha on all my papers and made my teacher call me that. And, from the time I was about 5 until jr. high, I changed my middle name to Katherine (good name, huh?!).

Shireen said...

Wow! Ryan, your heart is so beautifully transparent in this post!
Gosh, Sarah & Audrey, I know you already know this, but you girls are indeed incredibly blessed. May God continue to love on and grow your family!
I praise HIM!
Love you guys!

Commenting on Jenn's P.S...Jenn, you are hilarious! :)

The Amato's said...

I don't think there is a luckier person in life... I have all I could possible ask for. An amazing Lord & Saviour, a great husband, a perfect child (almost perfect, perfect in my eyes).... the winning lotto numbers & my life couldn't get any stinkin luckier! :) Ryan, I think you've made up for all those "Love, Ryan's" (Ryan & I always joke bc every card he gives me, birthday, anniversary etc, all he writes is "Love, Ryan") I love you hunnie, can't wait to see you!