Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Playdate with Jesus

Our new house has a tin roof. Everyone kept asking "have you slept under it in the rain yet?" It seemed like an odd question but made a mental note to "sleep under it in the rain". I went to get Audrey from her nap yesterday (sidenote:in her big girl bed!) & layed down with her only to discover that the rain was coming down pretty hard. AHHHHHHHH now I get it!!!!
The sound of the rain hitting the roof is the most calming sweet pitterpatter sound. So I say to Audrey, "do you hear the rain? .....it sounds like Jesus is playing the drums on our roof". Audrey decided she wanted to see the rain so we went downstairs to look out the window. We look out the window & as she was standing there I turned to do something (I get distracted easy:) Anyway a few minutes later I hear:

Audrey: drums Jesus
me: Are you playing the drums with Jesus
Audrey: Yeah, Jesus (as she is beating her drums, raising her hands in the air & singing "Jesus")

I walk to the window & look out at the rain only to see the most beautiful, brightest rainbow I have ever seen RIGHT in front of our window (note: it was NOT there 5 seconds ago when I brought her down to "see the rain"). I swear at that moment Jesus himself had come down to play with His child & I would not be surprised at all if she could actually see Him. I was SO overwhelmed with His love for us & could feel the Holy Spirit in our house & all around us! I opened the door so we could go on the porch (and just had the urge to get as close as we could to the rainbow) then ran to get my camera. When I got back the rainbow had dimmed but I was able to catch it as it faded away. I was also able to catch Audrey playing the drums with Jesus!

From the lips of children & infants you have ordained praise Psalms 8:2 (NIV)

See to it that you do not despise (look down on)one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always have access to my Father in heaven. Matthew 18:10 (NASB)

Let the little children come & do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Mark 10:14

but bring them (children) up in the discipline & instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 (ESV)








On another of my favorite topics....our lil man has started smiling (on purpose)....this pic below isnt great (took with my cell phone) but I couldn't help document one of his first directed smiles.

Also, I'll have you know that we have gotten more serious about the schedule & he is doing great. I am still trying to figure out his "reflux/colic". I'm not convinced that is whats going on (hence the parenthesis). I've tried feeding him ever 2 1/2 hours so that he will take a little less & not spit up but it seems to make him spit up more (he does sleep better at night though bc he gets an extra feeding in during the day). He does better with his spitting up if he eats every 3 hours but then I am getting up to feed him in the middle of the night. I still count my blessings bc he is a really good, sweet baby that I am really only getting up once a night with (at 6 weeks, I think thats pretty good). Anyway, I'm rambling....we love this little man! He is the absolute perfect addition to our family! (and I think he looks like his daddy??:)

No comments: