I cannot believe my little girl is 2 years old! Time is going by tooooooooooooooo fast! It seems like yesterday we were heading to the hospital to meet her (no that was Jude:)
I am so amazed with her everyday...even more so that God trusted me with His precious child!
She is so smart with the most amazing personality that I find myself just watching her & trying to figure out what is going on in her head. Just the other day I was making her breakfast & she was playing at the table, I hear her saying to the cups on the table "3 (cups)...take away 1. TWWOOOOO" I find myself just stopping in the middle of the day to listen/watch her monitor while she is suppose to be napping. She will be telling Layla & GoGo (her doll & hippo) all sorts of things or playing hide & seek with them. I'll hear her say "GoGo-where are you?".... "no"(looking under her pillow, "noooooo" looking under her blankie, "thereis"(there it is) finding GoGo. Or she will put them both on her pillow, cover them with a blankie & put the paci in there mouth.
She touches me each day with her sweet, sharing, giving, kind heart. I love seeing how God has planted seeds in her heart too & I can't wait to see what He has in store for my little girl. If Jude is crying, she will go & lay her hands on him & say a prayer. Or she will kiss him & shhh shh shh him. When she is near him she is (mostly) being loving & sweet or saying "cheeeeese" for us to take a pic of the two of them followed up by "see see see"(she wants to see the pic).
She understands EVERYTHING you say & NEVER forgets anything & I am careful what I say in front of her OR what I promise we can do ("we can walk down to see the horsies AFTER nap") bc then she is reminding me later (me walking in to her room to get her from her crib after nap & as I'm greeting her she is saying "horsies, horsies, horsies").
We put her "big girl bed" in her new room & we lay on it everynight before we get in the crib ( I usually fall asleep). We climb up & get comfy & I usually wrap her up in my arms & pray with her. Last night as we lay down...she wrapped me up in her arms & I just thought to myself...
I need her...just as much as she needs me.In lieu of a big party, (since Mommy really wasn't up for that this year) we decided to celebrate her birthday "ya ya style" ....meaning that we had a "birthday week" as opposed to a birth-"day". We wanted to make sure her b-d didnt get lost/forgotten with the move/renovations, baby etc so we have just been making a big deal about her all week.
On Tuesday, October 5-which is her actually birthday, we had her grandparents over for dinner & cupcakes. I let Audrey choose her birthday cake this year & when we went to the bakery (no making the cake this year) she kept saying "lil" lil" ....she wanted the little birthday cakes-SO that is what she got!
Yesterday, we sent cookies to school with her & they put a hat on her, sang & made a big fuss too! Tomorrow, her 2 best friends, Ellie & Amelie are coming over to help celebrate again.
We will talk about how she is a big girl now...."2 years old now" we'll say & she will say "Happy Audie" (as in happy birthday to myself-yes:)
Audrey I'm sure you can tell from the post above but I love love love you little girl! I am so proud of who you are & what you are becoming! Daddy & I are always here for you!


No comments:
Post a Comment