Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We need your prayer friends

Tyler

I haven't blogged in a while because my time has been consumed with work and family over the last few months. Even though my time has been occupied, I still have lots of time to think and pray.
My little CUZ has been going through a rough patch. Tyler, pictured above, is my cousins' son. Since birth Tyler has been a true blessing and miracle to his family and others that he has met. I do not know the medical term for his condition but the right hemisphere of his brain does not work properly. Doctors have no prognosis because his case is so rare. They never thought he would walk, communicate, etc IF he got older.
He is almost 5 years old (April 20th) and going to school, walking, and playing. Unfortunately he has been having more progressive seizures lately (10+/day). The doctors fit him as a good candidate for brain surgery. They went in and placed 60+ electrodes to his brain to find the areas giving him seizures. Once they found the troubled areas they removed the electrodes and studied the data in order to remove areas of the brain that are attributing to his seizures.
Since having the electrode surgery he is having some complications. My cousin, Chere, has kept us up to date and we have decided to share his story. He is running a little fever and cerebral spinal fluid has started to leak out of the incision. They went back in to re-suture the wound but we haven't heard anything yet. We are hoping and praying for no infection and for him to recover. Its been a long road for them & they have been in the hospital (this time) for over a month. We plan to visit Chere and Tyler this weekend in hopes of good news.

My little buddy!

This little boy needs your prayers!!!! My heart breaks for Chere right now & cannot imagine how she is feeling. I admire her courage & perseverance.
Chere and Tyler

Lord, we know that you hear all, see all & know all. We commit this family to you. We know that you already have a plan for Tyler & in all that happens to us YOU can do good work. We ask that you be with Chere, Lord help her feel your presence, wrap her in your peace & grace. Help her to know that you are with her ALWAYS & that you care about Tyler just as much as her. Please give her discernment when making decisions for her precious little boy & peace of mind that you are in control. Lord we pray for the doctors who are working on Tyler-give them steady hands. Give them the knowledge to care for Tyler's special needs.

We know that Tyler is yours Lord & that you care about what happens to him & know what the future holds. We ask that you heal this little boy, Lord, That you give him a full life. We pray for your will Lord & the courage to accept all things you allow. We love you Lord & we know that as big as this seems...it is not too big for YOU. Thank you for listening & caring.
Ryan, Sarah & Audrey

2 comments:

Shireen said...

Hey, Sarah & Ryan,
I read about Tyler thru your post the day you posted, and I must've been tending to Rhys b/c I don't think I responded. I was walking in our neighborhood yesterday, and the Holy Spirit prompted me to pray again.
I just read Jenn's post about Tyler, and I just wanted to let yall know that I will continue to pray for Tyler and his family.
Y'all are good to ask for prayer and encourage them through this.
Sarah, I want to thank you, too, for encouraging me to purchase thru diapers.com. I bought Luvs, as you suggested, and we really do love them. :)
Love you guys, and please kiss those rosey cheeks on Oddy's sweet face!
Shireen

Gemmie said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Cherie and her children. She is a strong woman to handle this. I haven't been to the hospital, hate to bother them but just want Cherie to know I am here in Harahan if she wants to get out for a little while, we could go to lunch or I could sit with Tyler while you go and have some "me" time. Just let me know. 258-4383
Love to you all! Lori May