Saturday, December 6, 2008

God is Good!

Noah Matthew Dyer (Audrey's future husband:)- He's a cutie isn't he?!


Noah's mom, Courtney, & I were pregnant at the same time... our kids are 5 days apart. She was a God send for me in PA-I prayed for a friend that I would have things in common with & Ryan & I would feel like we had family in PA. She is such a kind & tender hearted person & I loved spending time with her. (I miss you so much Cort)

Noah has colic & Courtney has not slept in over 8 weeks. She has been feeling so defeated & exhausted & the other day when I got off the phone with her, my heart was so heavy that I started looking for flights up to PA.

That night I told Ryan that every time I got up with Audrey, I was going to say a prayer for Courtney. The first night as I sat feeding Audrey I offered up a silent prayer for her.... "God, please give my friend strength to make it thru the night with no sleep, " or "God, please let her not be frustrated" or for a miracle "God, Please let Noah sleep". I sent Courtney a text the next morning saying that we were thinking & praying for them.

Last night I decided to get Audrey involved (the Bible says that where two or more are gathered in prayer-God will be also... Matthew 18:20) So we offered up a prayer that Noah would be able to calm down & get to sleep & that Courtney would have the wisdom to care for him & the grace to make it through another sleepless night.

I got a text from Courtney this morning saying that Noah had slept for 8 hours waking only once to eat & going right back to sleep! & I can't help but feel victory in Jesus for this huge miracle for her. I am so happy for my friend & thank God that I am important enough to Him that He not only hears my prayers but gives me a response so quickly. I also feel so blessed to have such a healthy & happy baby.

I told Courtney that Audrey & I would continue doing our middle of the night praying & that I would enlist the help of some of my prayer warrior/blogging friends. Please keep Courtney & her family in your prayers.... she is proof that He is listening!!!

No comments: