But when we started talking about our first renovation, I decided it was time to start caring.
Ryan & I are a little different when it comes to our idea of how renovations should be done. I like to think about my idea, look at magazines & see if there is a better idea out there or if it needs to be manipulated at all then go drive around & look at other houses out there to see if I can see what my idea would look like come to life. Ryan likes to have an idea, go to the store & get started.
I've also learned that I have to be really specific(with pictures) & supervise. Let me clarify by saying that Ryan is completely competent BUT sometimes I think we are speaking the same language & WE ARE NOT (this is where pictures come in). Supervision comes in play when our idea isn't coming to life like we thought & he will improvise...if I am not there, I dont get a say. Just a few things I've learned after being together 6 years & renovating/owning 3 houses. I say this like its a bad thing but it really isnt....when we bought this house it needed ALOT of work just for us to move in. I had a two week old, we talked about how I wanted it done....he did it.
To the point: We decided to take on a small project, the budget was $300 & we just wanted to give the house a "facelift"...make it look like someone lived here. Goal: Paint shutters, replace steps, add something to the bottom of the house & clean it up.
Below are the before pictures. We are 99.9% complete so I will wait to post pics of the finished project & total damage done ($). You wont see a pic of the entire house so if you are interested in seeing it, message me & I'll send it directly to your email.
Below: Steps: Widen them so that the handrails go directly up to the poles on the porch (wasnt thrilled about having to share my budget with new steps but I have to say now that they are one of my favorite features of the house...money well spent)
Above:Enclose the bottom of the house & clean it up...notice how dirty the facia is (on the left just above the steps it has already been pressure washed, on the right it is still a yellowish dirty color)
Be back in a few days with the updated pictures!!!
Also, You will be happy to know that after 2mos of not having light, lots & lots of pestering from my honey, I finally decided on a chandelier for the front foyer AND finished the babies room. I will update pics with the finished porch!


No comments:
Post a Comment