Our little girl just keeps getting bigger & bigger! Look how long her hair is & how styling she is with her side ponytail!We've been spending alot of time talking about the potty... "did you poop?" "did you go tee tee?" "you pooped audie! you can say to mommy, mommy I pooped" just setting the stages for potty training (after we get rid of the bottle that is-more on that later)
We went to target last week & bought a sesame street (her fav) ring to go on top the potty for her.
Then we started sitting her on it once a day, just before bath time, & talking about how she can go potty in the big potty. At first she hated sitting on it, I think it kinda scared her. But then she started asking to sit on it "pauht pauht" & on Saturday she went tee tee on the potty!!! She has only done it once but it's a start I guess (a little sooner than I thought)
Since it's Ryan's busy season at work, we have been trying to make the most of the time we do get with him. And with the weather as cold as it's been, we take every advantage to get outside when it is nice outside. Audie still LOVES the swings!!!... & her Daddy!!!
And even if its not warm enough for the pool, we are still getting ready for the beach & pool weather. Ryan has been trying to get Audrey ready to learn to swim this summer. She is doing well too.... she can put her face in the water & blow bubbles. She's great at kicking her feet & floating on her back....I think he will have her swimming on her own by the end of the summer. Too bad our only practice "pool" is a bath tub for now :)
And our girl is becoming more conscious about fashion! (she still loves her crocks which tells me she has a looooonnnng way to go but) she's interested in mommy's sunglasses & necklaces (mardi gras beads)... I think she's got a good fashion sense!
To update you on the bottle & nap:
Naptime has become bareable again & she is back to her old self of going to sleep on her own. And after a visit with her doctor, I am going to try the "cold turkey" approach with her bottle. She is doing better at drinking out of a sippy cup but I still worry about her getting enough milk. Will let you know how it goes!


No comments:
Post a Comment