I'm sorry I fell off the blogging world but when you hear why I think you'll give me a pass. Two Thursday's (August 20) ago was looking like such a promising day! It was the last day of our summer session, the weather was nice (from what I remember) & Audrey was going to spend the day with her grandparents while I went to work. Sounds like a normal day right.......
WRONG
My mom called mid morning to tell me that Audrey had a slight fever. Ok give her some Motrin, I'll be there soon. She ran a slight fever on Thursday & Saturday but that was not my concern....she had green oozing out of her nose & a cough that sounded like she'd been smokin longer than I've been alive. Sunday afternoon I break down & call the nurse line & set up a Dr. appt. for Monday....just to be safe.
"Ear Infection" States the Dr. "She's gonna need the pink stuff"
(Skip ahead to Thursday(going on 1 week)-Audrey's nose has cleared but that nasty fever is back)
I call the Dr.'s office where they tell me that 3 days is not long enough for the meds to work...call back Monday if she's still not feeling well. Something inside of me said to push harder but I told myself I was just having the "first time mommy, my kid is sick so its the end of the world & its got to be way worse in my head than it could possible be in real life" blues. Sidenote-NEVER question a mother's intuition!!!!
Audrey runs a low fever all day Thursday & Friday & then around six it was as if her body knew that it was the weekend, all Dr.s have gone home & will not be bothered, offices closed til Monday please check back then.... her fever spikes to the dreaded,
Please don't go over
Should we go to the ER...
...........
104.1 degrees
It finally came down after a lukewarm bath, a probable overdose of motrin & tylenol, cool rags & me calling any nurse line I can find to get info/dr. appt. etc.
To make a long story short & since I have slept since last wed. night (yes, a week ago) & I'm sure I am rambling on & on & on .....
Audrey fever went up & down getting as high as 104.3 until Sunday. I've been to the Dr. 3x's in the last week & even though I've tried to explain that I am back for the same thing.... I still have to pay my co-pay (doesn't seem right, does it?).....
We got her fever down only to wake up Monday to find a rash ALL OVER her body.
It's funny bc I have found a "secret" phone line to get through to the Dr. office even when they have turned the phones off... I've made friends with the nurses on call at Oshner in N.O. to the point that they have called to check up on Audrey.
Anyway, My daughter has Roseola (which is really just the nice way so that you dont freak out to say that she has the Baby Measels). Apparently, its really common, not so dangerous (once you get past the high fevers) last FOREVER or 10-12 days, highly contagious for children under 3 & very hard to diagnose til the end when the rash breaks out all over. So, if you have a child under the age of three & you've been around us....>SORRY :(
I think we are on the up & up....she is feeling well enough to know that she isn't well & cranky. Today was better than yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. & I am praying that the Dr. will clear her for take off. (we are suppose to be flying to PA on Friday if she is not still contaminated).
You would think that with no sleep over the past week or so I'd be konked out now...I should be. We got in bed at 9:30pm tonight & my body went into shock & my brain started thinking about all the things we need to do to get out of town (if we go) so here I am rambling on to you.
That's what we have been up to & why I haven't blogged.... I should've just said "the dog ate my blog post"
PS I have pictures of the poor sick girl & her rash but the dog ate them :) I will get them uploaded to computer before we leave.
Oh & speaking of dogs, as if my week wasn't rough enough....
I wake up today to a BEAUTIFUL, cool morning (& since Audrey is completely off schedule, we were up at 6a) I decide we are all feeling well enough for a walk. I take us all (Audrey, Bruiser & Me) down to the lakefront where the water is calm, the breeze is crisp & the dog is.......................
GONE
But wait, I'm still holding his leash
YEP
He FELL in the lake (the lakefront has a concrete wall that separates the water/land)
Bruiser you are such a dufus!
He's totally freaked out & won't swim, I am pulling him by the leash thru the water about 2o feet to a sandy area where I have to abandon my child (some "nice" lady that I'd never met before said she'd watch her) to jump over the wall, onto the beach, pick up the dog & throw him over the wall all the while watching to make sure my stroller (bc that was all I could see) with my child does not run away..... needless to say, Bruiser did not come inside all day... he was punished.
oh & Audrey was never in any imment danger.... I could see her the whole time (well at least her little head).
What have YOU been up to?
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment