
Why does it always seem like your head fills with the most random thoughts when you are trying to fall asleep?...then that keeps you from falling asleep. I have never been a night person, I like to be in bed for before 10pm....having children changed that!
First there was the infant stage where you learn to live on little or no sleep. I mean you are feeding them every 3 hours, maybe 5 at night if you are lucky & interupted sleep is NOT the same as a good nights sleep. They move into a schedule where they are sleeping all night, YEAH! & you would think that life could return to normal...Wrong! After Audrey goes to bed, I get to work.... dishes, laundry, work for the preschool, catch up on emails, spend time with Ryan...tonight, I went grocery shopping. Then as I was getting into bed at 11pm thoughts just kept swimming in my head:
I tried chatting it up with Ryan at first but he was not that interested (who can blame him, he has NO trouble sleeping)...
So what do I think about at midnight, when I am trying to fall asleep?
CLECO- Yep, cleco, our friendly electric company. I realized today that I am paying a monthly "customer charge". And its not like $1 charge, no, its $10/month! That is $120/year (or in my mind 4 pedicures including tip, or a REALLY nice dinner with my husband or two semi nice dinners or gym rompers ..... you get the point, there a gazillion different ways I could spend that money).
Oh & did I mention that I paid $150 deposit AND $25 activation fee (I will never see the $25 again or the "customer charge for that matter).
Now, my mind is really going, If I moved out of my parents house at 18 & live to I don't know say 78 for an easy number then Cleco makes an extra $7200...how many people do they service?
Now, my mind is really going, If I moved out of my parents house at 18 & live to I don't know say 78 for an easy number then Cleco makes an extra $7200...how many people do they service?
Ok let's move........
.....cause I'm still not asleep (& with all that math, thinking, & realization of money loss, I'm wired)
WAL-MART-After Audrey went to sleep tonight, I headed to Walmart. We were in desperate need of groceries, Ryan had some work to do for tomorrow & the real reason ... I ran out of deodorant today. (I've been putting this groc. trip off for about a week)
Why does the store always looked "ransacked" at the end of the day? I mean is it that hard to take the crackers off the shelf, decide you want a different brand & put them back the way you found them?... I mean wal-workers (aka the elves) must have there work cut out for them each night because it never looks that bad during the day. And no wonder there are so many bitter people in the world.... imagine if you had to straighten up the walmart each night.
There was the whole walmart children issue but I am not even going to touch that one.
For the real reason I went to Walmart....deodorant! I always buy the same kind, dove-original clean, & now I know why. Some time ago (I don't know when bc I blocked it out) I stood in front of the deodorant isle & chose that one...
I compared prices... I'm sure I went thru a "testing" period, I sniffed, rubbed ...what ever it is you do to pick out the one that's best for you.
For some reason, today, I decided it was time to look again...WHY OH WHY
I compared prices... I'm sure I went thru a "testing" period, I sniffed, rubbed ...what ever it is you do to pick out the one that's best for you.
For some reason, today, I decided it was time to look again...WHY OH WHY
Do you know how many scents you can chose from...?... I stopped counting at 14
I mean are we that stinky that we need to mask it with berries, flowers & or a combination of the two? You can buy it clear, solid, solid but goes on clear, scented, unscented, large small.........the list goes on.........and do you know what I came home with?......................................................
I mean are we that stinky that we need to mask it with berries, flowers & or a combination of the two? You can buy it clear, solid, solid but goes on clear, scented, unscented, large small.........the list goes on.........and do you know what I came home with?......................................................
Dove-Original Clean

What do you think about when you try/can't fall asleep?
Thanks for listening (reading) my rambling....
Good Night


1 comment:
Girl, I don't remember sleepless nights until pregnancy and now with baby. :) It's so HERE!!!
Poor Rhys has been sickly this week...on the up and up, praise the Lord...but he's still not sleeping thru the nights. So, a lot of nts I'm just lying in bed, waiting for him to cry, anticipating his next feeding, therefore, not sleeping myself! This hotel room has been difficult for that reason, so we're hoping to get home in the next week or two. Can you believe {I can't!!} that this has been such an ordeal!?!?! Well, the pool's been nice! :) I know that if you and Oddy were here, you'd be livin' it up with us by the pool!! ;) Jenn and her girlfriend, Lindsay Murray, and their kiddos came to swim yesterday, which was the highlight of my day! I was so thankful for the fellowship and swim time!
I think of financial things, ways that I could be a better woman, wife and mommy, what I did that day, what I need to do the coming day, what workout I might be able to do tomorrow, etc. when I can't sleep. I'll go check my blog reader LOTS of nights/early mornings to ck on all my friends, like you! :) So, you're NOT in the late-night thought mode alone, sweet friend!! I'm right here with you!
Okay, so I hope to be SEEing you soon!! :) What dates are you coming in June??? :)
Love you! Kiss those sweet cheeks of Oddy's for ALL of us! We need to socialize our kiddos!! ;)
Post a Comment