Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hiccups

July 30, 2008

It's funny how we haven't even met our daughter & yet we feel like we are getting to know her. With all the complications in the beginning & not knowing if we would ever get to meet her, it was very hard to connect. As she started growing bigger & I could feel her move, the excitement started to grow. It's amazing that Ryan & I have created this little being & she is growing inside of me.



The last couple of weeks a new development has occured: HICCUPS


For the longest time, I was really the only one who could feel her moving. She would kick, I would grab Ryan's hand & put it on my belly & she would stop. He felt as if it was a little game that she was playing with us :) At night we would sit & watch t.v. or hang out & he would rest his hand on my belly in the hopes that he would get some movement.


With the hiccups its a rhymthic "kick" over & over. I love it because to me it is so human-like & something that I can relate to (we've all had the hiccups). It helps me to picture her inside of me just hiccuping away. I can also tell where she has positioned her chest & guess how she is resting or playing in there. Also, Ryan gets to feel her & is starting to believe there really is a baby in there.


Its just so amazing to me that God has allowed us to be parents & entrusted us with this precious gift of life! I can see the changes that have occured in both Ryan & I from finding out & the excitement, to preparing our lives & attitudes for this task. I'm still not looking forward to the delivery (and for those who know me closely... we are still not talking about it:) but I can't wait to meet this little person & feel so attached to her already.

No comments: