Monday, December 24, 2012

What shall we call this child?

My incredibly talented friend Jen Meadows came over & took some pictures to document us as a new family of 5.
 
 

This is love!

Our "lil mama" (born to be a big sissy)




 The birth was actually pretty easy & uneventful. It went just as planned (which rarely happens for us). I was only in labor for a few hours & only pushed for about 4 minutes (Yes, I know I'm gonna get some hate mail over this but this was to make up for my pregnancy...I think).

We went to the hospital not knowing what we were going to name this sweet little guy. At first we thought we would go in with either Rhett or Roman. A few weeks before he was born I heard the name Levi & liked that too. SO we narrowed it down to Roman or Levi. I was really upset over not having a name at the point of going to the hospital.
Matthew 7:7 says to ask & you shall receive so Ryan & I really just prayed that the Lord would reveal HIS name for the child & believed that HE would.
When I called for the epidural the doctor walked in & said his name was Dr. Levine (Levi) & it just so happened that it was his birthday too! I have only heard the holy spirit speak to me VERY clearly a few times & this was one of them. I felt wrapped in HIS presence & knew that HE was with us & would never leave us (Deuteronomy 31:6). I knew that HE was giving me the answer I had ask for. So with all that being said, meet: 

 
LEVI WALKER




We named him Walker after my grandmother who passed away in April (her maiden name was Walker). I felt like Audrey & Jude's lives had been so influenced by her (even if they won't remember it) that I wanted him to have a piece of her as well.

No comments: