Friday, June 10, 2011

Ok so this post is long overdue & a little backwards. I thought all those that helped us on our trip to AL would like to see what we did.
You'll first see what we saw in AL. The Lord led us to Hackleburg, AL where the tornado had completely wiped out the town & destroyed the Wrangler plant that is the livelihood of most of the town. We were able to give out a ton of water to a church in Hackleburg & all of the items collected went to a distribution center in the next town over (bc Hackleburg just couldnt handle the items).



only house left "standing"


huge tree uprooted by tornado



nothing left of the DG


God is so good & HE did a mighty work in alot of people in this town to prepare us for the trip. As said before, my husband & I decided to take this little trip thinking that we would collect a few supplies & put them in the back of our SUV & possible borrow his mom's trailer at best.....GOD had other plans. We ended up filling a 26ft uhaul to take to the people in AL. We had a ton of people who jumped on board & wanted to help & had drop locations at Lakeshore Church, Northcross Church, Columbia Street Tap Room & we even had a friend who collected items out of her home! Champagne Beverages matched us bottle for bottle on water which resulted in 100 cases of water. There were so many more generous people helped out... I can't even name them all & honestly probably dont even know them all. I know we had a man come from New Orleans that said he found us on google (which I think came from Northshore Mama). I know that when I get to heaven I will meet tons of people who were involved that I didnt even know about! Also, the during the entire process we could feel/see & hear God's hand in this trip. Everytime we would make a plan or try to do it on our own...something would happen & we would have to stop & pray & remember that this was GOD's TRIP...& HE was in control & would work the details out.


The Uhaul!

















Below is the account of the items collected



























The town of Hackleburg, AL is still hurting & now with new devestation in other parts of the country, they are on there own. We have a team going back next weekend (17th) to take a few supplies, work in the distribution center & just try to lift them up & support them. If you missed your opportunity to help you can still donate items (Gatorade, non perishable food items & cleaning supplies only) to be dropped of at Lakeshore Church or you can donate $ for the trip on their website, just put ALABAMA in the notes. If you want to see more pic/hear more about our trip or any other questions feel free to leave a comment or message me.

No comments: