Tuesday, May 3, 2011

He said "GO" & we are going!

Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to HIM be the glory in the church by Jesus Christ to all generations, forever & ever, amen. Ephesians 3:20-21


I've seriously been lacking in my Bible study lately.... guilty

I've been tired, selfish & impatient....guilty

I haven't relied on God or even allowed HIM to control my life.....guilty

And do you know who suffered? Me, my kids, my husband & who even knows who else.

AM I THE INN KEEPER? (let me explain)The night that Jesus was born, where did Mary & Joseph stay? ........they stayed in a barn of some (as its told) kind inn keeper who let them stay there because "there was no room for them in the inn" (Luke 2:7). Picture this: A very young couple (bc Mary was what 15?) shows up at your inn, you're completely booked but she is pregnant & maybe even in labor & you give them the stable. REALLY? He missed the boat right? where did he stay that night? Did he miss his opportunity to be a part of something really big?

Look at it this way: had he took them in to his home how would it have rewritten history? how would this story be different? who knows....but I know ONE thing. That inn keeper's life would have never been the same. He would have witnessed the birth of JESUS!!!! Then what would he have gone on to do? ***(our pastor preached on this at Christmas at COTK)



How many times has God given me an opportunity to be a part of something big & I've been the "inn keeper"???? Are you the inn keeper? Or are you like the shepherds who were told to of the good news & HAD to be a part of it?



On Saturday while in prayer I heard the Lord telling me to "go to Alabama". I think I answered with something like this "OK God, I'll go but you have to work out the details ok?"


We have family (who is fine) there & they were giving us updates on all the Tornado devestation. I started asking for a few donations thinking that we would fill up our SUV to take to the Christian Service Mission (who my sister in law got me connected).



Let's just say that I give "small minded" a new meaning! :) It has been amazing to see God's work & how the pieces are just falling into place. People started responding & helping & we now have this team (that I am calling Louisiana Tide) of people working to get as much stuff to AL as possible. As of now, God has provided us with a ton (& i mean a ton) of items, three trailers to we are trusting that more items are coming! With each call/message I get about this trip I get more excited:



to be a part of what God is doing here

honored to be a vessel for God

about all the lives that will be changed/touched bc of this

to be learning all about how my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)

about how if I just let Go & let God then he will bless/use me



TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!








Above is my carport/Below is all the clothes we have collected



What is God telling you to do? Where is he telling you to go? Will you be the inn keeper? Or the shepherds?

1 comment:

Shireen said...

Amen, girl! Way to be open to HIS use of you and your family!

And I hope I get a sneak peak at you and the kiddos this weekend! ;)