
I just finished a book called "Same Kinda Different as Me"
If you haven't read it, I would encourage you to pick it up. I don't want to give you too much of the book but this video give you a great summary.
It's one of those books that you read & can't help but feel moved to tears & called to move.
After reading this book, I did some research in the Bible regarding the poor. Did you know that there are over 300 bible verses that refer to the "needy". It's very clear that those in need have a very special place in God's heart & that we are called to care for them.
Jeremiah 22:3
Jeremiah 22:3
Deuteronomy 15:10
Isaiah 58:10
James 1:27
My favorite quote from the book comes at the end (but doesn't really give anything away)
"I used to spend a lotta time worryin that I was different from other people, ever from other homeless folks. Then, after I met Miss Debbie & Mr. Ron, I was worried that I was so different from them that we wadn't ever gon' have no kind a' future. But I found out everybody's different-the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The Truth is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless-just workin our way toward home."


3 comments:
Shireen and I read through the "Same Kind of Different As Me" last year. It is absolutely impactful!
It reminded me of an old song by Keith Green based on Matthew 25: 31-46. This song is prior to our generation but still packs a punch. It's on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5wUDgDEOmg
We read this book last year and appreciated the message so much, especially knowing it's a true story!
Post a Comment