Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter! Much to celebrate & much to recap!

If you stop by for a quick read, STOP, please go get your coffee, get your kids off to school, laundry started etc then come back & sit down for a looooonnnngggg update. I started thinking about/writing this post LAST Wednesday so there will be ALOT to fill you in on.

First & foremost HAPPY EASTER!!!! This was SUCH a good easter for us, maybe the best (although I worked a ton & we filled our day to the absolute brim).

Last week the kids were out on spring break & all of our weekly activities were cancelled so we had to be creative to keep busy. We had beautiful weather so we went to the new park in abita/mandeville on the trace & let me just tell you.....AMAZING!!!

On Wednesday, my friend Shannon & I braved Global Wildlife with our 1 year olds. I say "braved" bc we weren't sure how 2 one year olds would do on a 1 1/2 hour ride thru the "plains" of Louisiana looking at & feeding over 4000 threatened/endangered animals. And for the record, we did not see any other kids this young on the tour, but we did ok. If you live in Louisiana & you haven't been, I highly recommend it!!!


Here are a few pics from our journey! Ellie (Shannon's daughter) was so brave & would feed the animals whereas Audrey took the more conservative approach to "throwing" the food out to the animals.











On Thursday we went to visit Gramma Cathy. She took us to see the Easter Bunny, the live bunnies & we got to ride the train! We also got to hear all about her trip to Italy & we can't wait to see the pics!



With Easter quickly approaching, I couldn't help but feel thankful & redeemed for what my Saviour did for me. After reflecting how this week (so long ago) must have been for Jesus, I had to put in perspective the "trivial" issues of my life & just enjoy my family, life & even work! I got to spend some much needed quiet time with my Father & my Bible & was able to read & try to understand more about the character of Jesus & the example He has left behind for us.
I Peter 2 :23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

In Luke 22 we see that the Lord was in such anguish & He turned to His heavenly Father for guidance.

I Corinthians 13 talks about how we are to love one another
Galatians 5:16-26 talk about how we are to live our life & what we are to become:
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Galatians has been Ryan & I's "mission statement" (for lack of a better term) for how we are to make our decisions & live our life (although we do fail at times)

I love the song from Chris Tomlin "The Wonderous Cross" . I would encourage you to take a second to listen to it....you can't help but feel moved from this amazing artist.

Saturday night Ryan & I had a MUCH needed date night where we went to Barnes & Noble, sat in (not so) comfy chairs & read baby books...we intended on choosing a name for our unborn...all we did was add to the list (oh well, we still have time:) We also were able to read up on child rearing (for lack of a better term) & childhood seizures. Barnes & Noble was our "kid time".


Then we went to Nuvolari's, a resturant in our neighborhood, & enjoyed a nightcap (for Ryan) & a chocolate tort (for me & baby). We sat and just talked & caught up & enjoyed each other's company. This was "our time" .....no talking about what the babies needed, financials, our construction zone we call our home right now, etc.

It was a true "first" date (the first one we''ve had in a LONG time)!

Easter Sunday was busy but so fulfilling, relaxing & exhausting all at the same time.
We got up & went to Church at St. Timothy then headed to Aunt Debbie's for the whole fam & WAY more food that we should've eaten! Aunt Deb & ChaCha (I think Ricky helped) hid eggs all over the house & Audrey had a blast finding them!


The Hunt!







Can't believe we got a family pic! Thanks Deb!!!!!!!!!!!


Below: Audrey with her JoJo....how sweet!







We stopped by Grammy's on the way home but we were SO tired, I feel like we weren't that great of company! Audrey had enjoyed a day of hiding/finding/rehiding & refinding easter eggs with Grammy, Aunt Christi & Mimi on Friday.





Since the plethora of easter egg hunts, we have had to "reenact" this game (let's just say) SEVERAL times for Audrey (thank God we brought all the eggs home). She will go in her room & hide while we hide the eggs around the living room. We will do this 5-6 times a day (minimum) but its fun!!! You should see her looking, looking for the eggs & then when she spots one..... you just have to see it, so cute!



And last but CERTAINLY not least (maybe saving the best for last), our newest addition to our family! LILY KERILEE VIGER






Born to Ryan's cousin Roy & his wife Shesha (short for Alicia) Yesterday, April 6, 2010!!! She is just beautiful (thank God she didn't look like Roy as a baby...just kidding, Roy ;)

Congrats!!! Can't wait to meet/hold/love your little baby girl!

No comments: