Sunday, October 7, 2012

BIRTHDAY'S

 
Birthday Boy with his Uncle Robbie (above) & his Mommy (below-can you tell how much I love that boy?!!!)
 

 

The Set Up
We had a construction theme. I used a simple black tablecloth & taped scotch tape down the middle to look like a road; add a dump truck (which we put dirt cake in) & some construction hats & we were good to go. 
The "dirt" cake was simple a chocolate cake crumbled & with the frosting mixed in. Add some gummy worms & you are ready to eat dirt!
Enter at your own risk!
Can not believe this little boy is 2 years old. I feel like our life is on fast forward. 
We started his birthday off with lots of balloons thrown into his crib & singing "happy birthday". Audie & I made a big fuss about him all day & let him chose what we would play/eat etc (which rarely happens). We went to ChuckECheese, had ice cream with Nana & Duke & really just enjoyed him on his big day.
Jude you are such a little card! I mean you are so funny when you decide to open up & I think because you are so laid back & "quiet" that people are surprised by your wit. You LOVE your mommy & your sissy, and are generally happy if you can be with either of us. You look up to your dad so much to the point that you take it seriously if he fusses at you. Daddy has really had to start watching how he corrects you because you are so sensitive when it comes to him. Your heart is just so big & so sweet & I am constantly amazed at how aware you are for your age.
We started reciting your bible verses this week & you have already learned Genesis 1:1 & Matthew 6:24. You have almost got the entire Pledge of Allegiance memorized too. Your are counting to 10 & recognize alot of your letters. We taught you this week how to "do 2" on your fingers & you are very proud of yourself for that one. We are proud of you too. We love you sweet boy!
 
Audie's 4th Birthday!!! If I'm amazed at Jude being 2 then I'm doubly amazed at Audie being 4. I can't believe that its been 4 years since my life has been so drastically changed. Audrey you have brought a love in our lives that your daddy & I didn't even knew we were missing out on. A love for you & your brother, a love for each other, LOVE. Our family is so blessed & we talk about how lucky we are to have you both. You are SO amazing little girl!!! You are so smart, sweet, you love, you encourage, you help, you want to do what is right, you are just SO special. You love to hear about when you were born or when Jude was born. You woke up on your birthday, climbed into bed with me & daddy & we told you about the day you were born. I was also telling you that when you were little & you would fuss in the car, I would reach my hand back & rub your cheek & you would calm down. Every night since, you have wanted me to rub your cheek. The other night as we were going to bed you got upset because I was rushing you & you wanted to hug Jude properly. You told me that if you didn't hug him right then you couldn't hug him all the way to your heart! You are all heart!!!
We had a ballerina party that the "fairies" helped to decorate. I made a tulle skirt for your cake cable. I made you a chocolate cake (per your request) & iced it with white icing. Then the fairies came & sprinkled fairy dust all over it!!! You loved it!

 







Aunt Susie (above)
You & Nana & Aunt Susie (below)
Grammy got you a ton of dressup clothes for your birthday! You, Jude & Miles had a great time trying everything on!

This may be one of our last family photos as a family of 4....(it is getting hard to capture these).

No comments: