


30
I have been thinking about this day for awhile now....my lil girl is 2 1/2. I am amazed each day at her little funny personality & how smart & sweet she is. She loves her baby brother & will make sure we include him in all our activities. She will read to him, sing to him, play with him...it makes my heart happy. She is also learning how to share the toys that she wants with him (this one is not so easy). The biggest thing we are working on is getting her out of a diaper (overnight). I love how much she really understands & we daily enjoy our "coffee talk"(its the only way I get to drink my coffee) where we will talk about our week, what we've done, what we will do & how our week is going. If you join us for c.t. you are sure to hear from her "How's yooouurr weeek?" (why she annunciates the words, I dont know).
We are also big into the "why" phase. "Why do we have to put our shoes on? Why will our feet get dirty? Why do we have to go now?" Sometimes I try & answer all her questions & sometimes I just sing "because because because because because" (from the wizard of oz).
The other big thing she is into is the world of pretend!!! Jeffery & Jason (twins from Caillou) come over daily for a playdate where she will "let them in" the house & carry's them around in her hand (why?:) Anyway, its cute & I love watching her be imaginitive & playful!
7


I cannot believe that my "baby" is 7months old. I feel like we were just finding out he was coming....going to the hospital & bringing him home. Now he is closer to a year than I like to admit. The first couple of months (like 6) were really tough. Jude is one of those typical anything that can go wrong, will babies. Before I explain, let me first say we are so blessed that he is healthy & thriving. Ok that out of the way, he started out a colic baby with reflux (bad combo) at 4 mos the dr's suggested we put him on rice cereal to help with the spitting up. I generally think thats a little early but I was so sleep deprived that I went along with it. The cereal definitely helped but then started the constipation............for 2 months!!! That may have been worse than the colic. When he hit 6mos, it was like a whole new baby....he wasnt spitting up, he wasnt colicky, he was pooping!!!! I actually started to like him (jj). Then the teeth came in :( We are finally over that hump & getting back on a schedule.
He is such a sweet & happy baby! He is a monster in the motor skills department... Right after my last post (6mos) he started pulling up on everything, trying to stand on his own, crawling all over the place, signing... I mean he is BUSY!!! I love it!!! He watches everyone & is trying to mimick sounds, motions etc.
He is eating pretty much anything we give him now...sweet potatoes, squash & peas (which I have to sweeten with apple sauce) blueberries, bananas (not too many of these) pears, mixed veggies, & mixed fruits. We havent started him on any solid foods yet. I was trying to remember when we did with Audrey? When did you start your baby on solids?
I love love love you Jude the dude! Its been a tough ride so far but I love our mornings together. You usually wake up just before Sissy & I can put you in bed with me & nurse you. This is generally the only time of the day you are cuddled up close to me & if I'm lucky you'll lay in bed with me & play & tickle & giggle & talk for a few minutes after you eat (& I mean just a few). I love watching you as you curiously explore your world. You think you are as big as your Sissy & you want to go wherever she can go (& as quickly). I can't wait to see how your little personality develops & thank God that He has allowed me the priveledge of being your mommy.


1 comment:
We love you jude & Audrey and are thankful to have you as cousins. We miss you & can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
love,
aunt jenn & uncle ry
Post a Comment